I use some maths and metaphoric pedagogy in order to share with you the axioms of life here. FACTs indicate things where no view apart from the one expressed can possibly be true. Continue reading
I have to say that on waking up I wasn’t in the best mood. Half of my shoulders was layed around me in my bed and I knew that moisturiser just couldn’t be applied on the go. With no bike, I walked to the rowing area, to catch the pickup truck. Rain spat down on my head as I went through the “this is familiar motions”. Continue reading
Today I am embarking on another picnic. This time to the less exotic , but hopefully a lot drier, destination of “the bridge”, which is a pick-up truck’s drive away.
Here is a list of the things I plan on doing differently:
- Sun cream up like I’m Ginger.
- Pack thousands of plastic bags in case of heavy rain.
- Don’t take any food, there will be plenty.
- Bring an umbrella (for the sun, fools)
- Assign someone the role of sun-cream applier at the beginning of the day and remind them of their duties at regular intervals.
- Go to the toilet before the builders start work.
- Eat a big breakfast, you never know when the big meal is going to drop in the day, but not too big because I need to make sure I can last until the builders finish work at 8pm.
I shall review my experience at the end of the day, hoping that practice really does make perfect, because if it doesn’t, I’m going to need another few bottles of aftersun….
I’ve now been here exactly a month and while it’s been a great month, there are a few little things which leave me grinding my teeth in my sleep, namely being the victim of bathroom voyeurs… Continue reading
The picnic sunburn seriously imposed on what I have been doing for the past two days. In order to avoid a repeat of my itchy crazed Jane Eyre encounter, I had to implement an intense recovery strategy for my skin. In short, I stayed inside a lot covering myself with white creamy stuff. Continue reading
As you can see from the photo, I was clearly responsible for cooking the meal for everybody. I also used a swimming float as a fan to disperse the smoke from the fire which was imposing on my area of the tent. Continue reading
This post will come in two halves, because this day was genuinely one of the longest day’s I’ve had in a long time, and there is plenty to grumble about. For starters, this is surely the only place in the world where you have to pack beach stuff, sun stuff and rain stuff all for one day out. Continue reading