Today I am embarking on another picnic. This time to the less exotic , but hopefully a lot drier, destination of “the bridge”, which is a pick-up truck’s drive away.
Here is a list of the things I plan on doing differently:
- Sun cream up like I’m Ginger.
- Pack thousands of plastic bags in case of heavy rain.
- Don’t take any food, there will be plenty.
- Bring an umbrella (for the sun, fools)
- Assign someone the role of sun-cream applier at the beginning of the day and remind them of their duties at regular intervals.
- Go to the toilet before the builders start work.
- Eat a big breakfast, you never know when the big meal is going to drop in the day, but not too big because I need to make sure I can last until the builders finish work at 8pm.
I shall review my experience at the end of the day, hoping that practice really does make perfect, because if it doesn’t, I’m going to need another few bottles of aftersun….